Meetings between Turkish and Russian military delegations continued for a third consecutive day on Thursday, according to the Turkish National Defense Ministry.
In a tweet on Thursday evening, the ministry said talks had ended for the day and would continue on Friday.
The core focus of the meetings has been Idlib, northwestern Syria, and the two sides have been discussing various aspects of the cease-fire agreement announced last week by Turkey and Russia.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin agreed on a new cease-fire for Idlib, which started on March 6, after meeting in Moscow.
Under the deal, all military activities are to end in Idlib with the establishment of a security corridor 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) to the north and south of the key M4 highway.
Joint Turkish-Russian patrols will also begin on March 15 along the highway from the settlement of Trumba – 2 km (1.2 miles) to the west of Saraqib – to the settlement of Ain al-Havr.
On Wednesday, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Ankara is working to make the temporary cease-fire a permanent one.
He said Turkey is discussing with the visiting Russian military delegation ways to ensure safe movement of traffic on the strategic M4 highway in Idlib, where the two countries are set to start joint patrols.
Earlier in the day, President Erdogan warned that Turkey will respond heavily if its observation posts in Idlib are targeted.
“Turkey will do more than mere retaliation if its observation posts in Idlib are targeted,” he told ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party deputies at a meeting in the capital Ankara.
Source : Anadolu Agency